KLAW-sen, not KLAS-en
A West Shore alumnus and University of Florida graduate, Mr. Klaasen took over Ms. Power's teaching position in 2015. He currently instructs Chemistry I and eighth grade science. He is known for his well-kept chin beard and how generally cool his class is. He is very concerned for the safety of students, keeping a close eye on them while seeming to let them do as they please.
Being a recent West Shore graduate, he can be childish at times, assuming the eighth graders haven't drained his life force. He coaches the Smash Club, and student chemistry/nintento fanart is featured on one board in his room. He likes cool science women, so if you buy him any swag make sure it shows science ladies. He also thinks that they way scallops swim is "cool" and went to school with Mr.Klett .
- "Don't do that."
- "Don't make me hate you."
- smirks as a student gives an outlandish answer*
- "This is why we can't have nice things!"
- Student: "Are we doing anything interesting today?"
- Klaasen: "Of course, we always do something interesting."
- answers a question with a question*
- "I'm not Amish"
- "Plug and Chug"
- half smiles and shakes head disappovingly*