Mr. O'Flaherty, or much more commonly Mr. O, is the Latin I - AP teacher that replaced Ms. Petosa in 2015. He is well-loved, but known for being "passionate" about issues. Most discussions will be one-sided, but that's okay because in most cases the student is in way over their head. Even if they do happen to be the more knowledgeable person, Mr. O will still end up winning the
He is stuck between a hardcore conservative and fierce liberal. Many of his students believe he is actually a libertarian, but he refuse to tell his true allegiance. Either way, you will here his opinion on everything (he hates Hillary, socialism, big government, and taxes but loves freedom and doesn't care if you're gay or not). He complains a lot about his ex wife who left him in a lot of debt that he has to pay off.
He doesn't eat sweets, so don't bother with sugary gifts, because he will throw them in the trash right in front of you because he has no heart. He likes good steaks, booze (especially scotch) (note: currently is going sober, with the exception of beer, though it is unclear how long this will last) (update: two months for beer, four for hard liquor), Dunkin' Donuts black coffee, and cucumbers (he eats them whole in the middle of class).
He is actually just the better version of Mr. Peterson.
Pearls of Wisdom Edit
Started in 2016, Mr. O's Pearls of Wisdom is a list of inspiring quotes (he actually said these) from the man himself. Here is the list so far (feel free to add):
Fun fact: It is confirmed that he once read this list out loud in class sometime in the 2016-2017 school year. He corrected the grammar.
- "Rule 1: The hardest thing in Latin it's the rules, rule 2: stop thinking, rule 3: see rules 1 and 2."
- "I don't like failng students, it is like passing a kidney stone. And I don't want to pass something the size of a Watermelon through the tip of my penis."
- "Watch your stems there, Bukaro Bonza"
- " I'm a bit of a sadist."
- "In ~mODerNo ItaLiANo~ ..."
- "I like to watch you struggle."
- "Ari, I would cast you in a second- you're so exotic and seductive"
- "Emily, if you don't stop dancing I will throw you out the window."
- "I am Darth Vader, kids."
- "I wanna take off my shoes and walk around barefoot..." *stares at floor for 7 seconds* "but they won't let me" *stares into distance for 5 seconds*
- "Chris is my Tom Brady"
- "I'm dead inside, I like that"
- "Brooke is a dictator"
- "It's always football season"
- " I'M A GIANT PENIS"
- "This is Irish Whiskey"
- "I don't particularly care"
- "In twelve months..."
- " In twenty-four months.."
- " In thirty-six months..."
- " In AP..."
- *Some poor Latin student is struggling* "Hey (insert a good Latin student who is one or two years ahead of the other student), how hard does Latin get?" *Good student* "Very hard, Mr. O."
- "Daryn if I see that hand again..."
- "CHRIS, SHUT UP!"
- "Did you just say condom?"
- "DON'T SAY SORRY!"
- "DON'T CALL ME SIR!"
- "CHRIS, THROW THE BOTTLE AWAY!"
- "I couldn't kill you Emmanuel, it would be too obvious"
- " I love you all in the platonic way. Just kidding, I don't care about you."
- " I want to beat you to within an inch of death with a wet flounder."
- (To Brooke) "You talk, I get angry."
- "Brooke is my buddy, like Chris Jenkens."
- " I have the Rouge One soundtrack playing on a twenty-four hour loop in my house at all times."
- *Mimicking the SWAT team* "BANG, DOOR IS COMING DOWN!" *pretends to shoot students with machine gun*